Friday, March 13, 2020

A cosmic 'Pause' button is pushed!

Sitting at home on a Friday with time and a desire to write. Trouble is, nothing is tugging on me to write about. Not that the world isn't at least interesting right now if not terrifying. We sit in the midst of a pandemic of Covid 19 and are in the acceleration phase here in the US. Everything is shutting down, cruises, pro sports, Disneyland, churches, there is no toilet paper to be had and social distancing is the strategy of the day.  The stock market is down by 30% give or take and there is virtually no segment of the populace that feels untouched by what is happening.

As for our domain, we have pulled back in what seems a prudent effort to lessen exposure to the unseen viral aliens that have descended upon mankind.  Have put a hold on Weds volunteering at the mission and Regions, have cancelled going to Camino shell ceremony, have informed house church that until further notice we will not be attending HC or core. Life is in no way going forward as normal for A-N-Y-B-O-D-Y.

So when I say nothing to write about it seems a little strange in some ways.  There is a lot of substantive things going on. Yet what is there to write about without having any perspective, a philosophical take on it all, a lucid grasp of a wise course to take or position to hold? And "Yes" I know that I am a citizen of another Kingdom. For that I rejoice to be sure! But at the moment, that alternative citizenship is not affecting my mind or emotions in the ways one might expect or at least hope.  I feel flat and unable to grasp the enormity of what I see happening every day. That this is at the very least a peek into and a sniff of what apocalyptic times might be like seems certain.

Some brothers are holding a Zoom prayer time today at 4PM. I think I should avail myself at joining in and at least be in motion toward light rather than just drifting along in the numbing sea. Feels like it's a good time to remember that not everything works best on solo missions. In fact, that seems to be a recurrent theme in my readings and taps on the shoulder from Father. Namely, my propensity toward individualism as opposed to teaming up.  Help me here Lord....

Pressing in....pressing in feels right. To run toward the flames and not away. To engage the battle and not to tunnel in.  Ok, if that is right where do I go from here Lord? How do I become part of your solution and not part of the problem? Do I shirk the reduction of exposure? I submit myself to you Father afresh. Open my eyes to what you would have me do, think, enforce and pursue.  This is all not about me, you are the hero of this story and I belong to you!  I put myself at your service Jesus.........

No comments: